Now I’ve got the routine: for the first two hours with Prof. Danny, we use the first half of which talking about the history of computing machines and the second half on Dr. Racket. I found the last lecture very interesting as we talked about how to transmit a message by using a series of signals listed in a table. It surprised me how imaginative and creative people were at that era. And today, Danny introduced to us the entire story of computer from analog computer using water to sum numbers to mass-produced desktop in which data are stored in cpu (rather than punched cards
manipulated by pins) and vacuum tubes made much smaller. Everything sounds simple today was not at all easy to imagine at that time, and it’s even harder for people today to imagine how people at that time came up with such great ideas. Although there is a long history of computing machines which can be dated back to ancient times at least 5000 or 4000 years ago (the clay device), computers were not invented until second world war. With such high-paced development of modern technique, there seems no way to predict what’s going on in the future.
In addition to this, we also made a great progress on the paper folding puzzle. Other than using “define” and “check-expect” for the initial stages, we were also invited to a new demand “cond” to deal with a recuring work. More interestingly, I got a new solution from two of my classmates which is far more easy to write in a program. It seems that we will work out the entire puzzle next week with a perfectly written program on Dr. Racket. Cheers!
Aha, and in respect of the event videos, we learned an interesting function called big-bang. By requiring a certain movement on-tick, you can get an animation , for example, of a picture which is rotated 15 degrees clockwise in every 1 second. But of course, you need a lot of definitions beforehand which are generally based on previous knowledge.
Quiz for today are kind of tricky. We all get totally different answers with each other. I got full marks in the past two quizzes, hopefully I’m not ending up to get a zero this time :(
Nice experience anyway. I like this course very much, and wish to do better though it’s just getting harder. I’ll also start working on my second part of the Wikipedia assignment very soon.
没有评论:
发表评论