The worst thing in the world is to pick up what you should have done well before. Last week we talked about how computers present images and sound using a series of bits and right after we had a 50-min term test. We were allowed to bring an aid sheet yet I found it useless with the actual test. All in all, I’m not very positive about the result but I tried my best to think actively and answer each question properly. Hopefully it’s not too bad.
For the lecture this week we moved on to a new topic discussing how memory is encoded, stored in different devices and prepared to be retrieved. It didn’t surprise me that the whole process is just like how human brain deals with memory. I’ve learned some relevant knowledge in previous Psychology class and had a few experience on programming( of course programming is needed to determine what to be loaded and what to be stored .) so it’s not so hard to hit the point when it comes to computer. The main challenge for me is to think about how to make the devices smaller, to get rid of heat as well as to store more memory within limited space. I’m always able to get the most advanced devices sooner or later, but it seems that I’ve taken them all for granted without thinking even a bit about what on earth make them work. What a shame that the machines are getting smarter and smarter while we just end up being duller and duller! Anyway, I love the idea of discs, in which each small dip on the surface represent a zero and each flat represent one so that all the memory can be encoded into binary bits and then written in the disc. Moreover, you can even classify different kinds of information by naming a series of folders and gather similar information together.
What was most fascinating: Paper-folding puzzle solved! Thanks to the function COND (condition), we were able to recursive all the previous steps to form a complex crease. The general idea is that for crease-pattern n, it is a combination of three parts: the right part is exactly the crease-pattern (n-1), the middle part in D( a single downward trend) and the left part is exactly the inverse string of crease-pattern (n-1). Frankly speaking, I can’t see any mathematical theory in this solution, but this is obviously easier to effect than my idea presented before. Therefore, we still choose this one to write into program because it’s more easy to present and work out.
没有评论:
发表评论